Lori Adelson, Esq.
Ms. Adelson is the founding member of Adelson Law in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She has built a reputation as a skilled and knowledgeable attorney in all aspects of labor, employment and business law. Ms. Adelson practiced at a large New York firm before relocating to Florida.
Honored as a “Rising Star” and “Super Lawyer” by “Florida Super Lawyers”, Ms. Adelson started Adelson Law with a commitment to provide companies with practical, cost-effective solutions to their labor, employment and business legal needs. Adelson Law serves as a resource for large local corporations, as well as small to mid-size businesses.
Ms. Adelson partners with employers to address issues concerning compensation and benefits, human resources policies and procedures, employee hiring, discipline and discharge, compliance, risk management, internal investigations, governmental investigations and audits, wage and hour compliance, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, non-compete and other employment related matters in state and federal court.
Adelson Law & Mediation offers education and training for both employees and supervisors, and as a certified mediator, Ms. Adelson can provide cost-effective dispute resolution as well. She also counsels business owners on ADA accessibility and compliance issues.
- Hofstra University Maurice A. Dean School of Law School
- University of Michigan
- The New York Times
- Fox Business Insider
- Fox Business Network (live interview)
- WIOD News Radio 610 (live interview)
- The Miami Herald
- Westlaw’s Next in Practitioner Insights
- Human Resources Executive Online Magazine
- CareerBuilders.com’ The Work Buzz
- Hospitality Technology Online
Bar and Professional Memberships:
- Florida Bar, Labor & Employment Law section
- Florida Bar, ADR Executive Council
- Alternative Dispute Resolution section
- Broward County Bar Association, Labor & Employment and Alternative Dispute Resolution section
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment section
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Broward County Women’s Lawyers’ Association
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- National Arbitration and Mediation
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Human Resources Association of Broward County (HRABC)
- Hospitality Human Resources Association of Broward County (HHRABC)
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Board of Governors of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors of Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Civil Service Board for the City of Fort Lauderdale
- Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Broward County